Wednesday, May 14, 2014

IS IT JUST ME?

Just a short time ago in our history a person like Pvt. Bradley Manning would have been, after having been convicted of treason and espionage, marched out to a post, tied up, blindfolded, and shot to death. His remains would have been tossed into a ditch, covered up, and Manning would have been forgotten and relegated to the trash heap of history.  In my view a proper ending for such a punk.

But no. Not anymore. We have advanced. We have become more civilized. Our collective hearts now bleed for these types of people. Such things as punishment for crimes now seem to be a thing of the past. Now we must examine why. Why did this poor wretched individual choose such a path? He must have some sort of mental disorder. Maybe he is really a girl but sadly locked in a boy’s body. That would certainly explain why he/she chose to become a spy and jeopardize the lives of fellow soldiers and the country itself, right? So, let’s not shoot him/her. Let’s just put him/her in a cage for thirty-five years and maybe he/she will be rehabilitated. Well it turns out that is not good enough. We have to do more for this worthless piece of human excrement.

Today, our Pentagon is actually considering transferring Manning to a civilian prison and paying, with your tax dollars of course, to have Bradley Manning surgically transformed into Chelsea Manning. I believe the surgery is called “sexual reassignment.”  That would show him/her. Commit espionage in this country, put the country at risk and get that same country to spend tens of thousands of dollars to make your life more comfortable.

Is it just me, or does anybody else see a problem here? What in the world is going on? I can’t be the only person who is furious at the thought of this whole concept.

Now don’t get me wrong. If a person decides they are really a chimpanzee and can find a doctor who is willing to “reassign” them, go for it. I don’t care. Just don’t expect me to pay for the operation. Bradley Manning is a convicted spy who has, by his/her crimes, put his/her country in serious jeopardy. He/she deserves only to be fed, housed, and given the medical care necessary to keep his/her sorry ass alive until he/she has served his/her sentence. That’s it. No more. To my way of thinking, he/she is lucky to be allowed to live.

According to news reports the Pentagon will ultimately decide if this surgery is to happen, a surgery that we, the taxpayers, will pay for. In the final analysis the US House of Representatives has to pay the bills. They have to decide how much money the Pentagon budget is to be. My question is simple, is this the wisest use of their budget dollars?  I’m pretty sure none in Congress ever imagined they would have to deal with nonsense like this. This I can say for a certainty, if the House allows this to happen, everyone involved should pay with their jobs, period.

Earlier I asked, “Is it just me?” It can’t be. I can’t be the only one who feels this way. Put this punk in a cage and keep his/her name out of my sight forever.  

Ron Scarbro

1 comment:

Jwo- said...

It never ceases to amaze me of the inappropriate responses and out-right wrong solutions crafted by government! Government has proven time and again their inability to act rationally, in pursuing remedies. They spend million$ and billion$ chasing images and echoes, never resolving a damn thing! Why do we laud a government that is horrendously inept? I often wonder, how can our form of government be the best that's ever been when our results, minus the Revolution, WWI & II, so suck?

Anyway, re: Mr/Miss Manning...hey...wait....isn't he the one you said would be the next HC at TN?? I coulda sworn you said that Manning will be the next head football coach at UcheaT and that Saban will quake, or some such! And now, you blast him for wanting to become a monkey...isn't that what I read? I'll go re-read...wait here...

ROLLDAMNTIDE! ;^D

Jwo-