Wednesday, December 29, 2010

GLOBAL WARMING HEATING UP

The following is an actual news report from the Washington Post (Associated Press).

“The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consul Ifft, at Bergen, Norway.

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers, he declared, all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard of temperatures in the Arctic Zone.”

The report goes on to relate how ice is melting and fish are vanishing from their previous locales. The only important thing about this news report is not the content but rather the date. The report was dated November 2, 1922. It would seem nothing has changed except the names of the doomsayers.

I bring this to your attention for a number of reasons. The advocates and practitioners of the religion of “global warming” have so perverted normal climate change as to create an entire new world of fear and dread. Just look at what is now the new normal. We are turning food (corn) into fuel instead of feeding hungry people. We are attempting to sell some truly ugly cars to unsuspecting people because they are “green.” People are sorting their garbage. Billions are being spent chasing this fantasy and billions more are being extorted from producing countries. All across the globe a gigantic wealth redistribution is underway. People like Al Gore have become wealthy beyond their wildest dreams because of their advocacy. The estate Gore just bought takes more energy to heat and cool than many small towns in the world. Talk about a carbon footprint.

There is no doubt in my mind that normal climate change is happening. I believe climate change has occurred since this planet was first formed and will continue as long as it exists. There have been ice ages and heating periods. I personally don’t know whether we are in a heating period right now or still in a cooling period from the last ongoing change. You see, I haven’t been let in on the “master plan” for the universe. I haven’t been given a vote as to how it should go and I am therefore not responsible for any outcome, nor is any other human being or animal on the earth.

The news report I cited above reminds me of individuals like Paul Erlich, the professor who, in the 60s and 70s, decided that the earth could not support the numbers of people who were living here and advocated “zero population growth.” He even cancelled his life insurance and did other foolish things because he believed the earth was coming to an end due to over population. Well, it would appear that Dr. Erlich was wrong. In my short life time there have been many of these charlatans who would have you believe that they have some insight into the “master plan.” These types have probably been around since it was first decided that if you could convince enough people of your silly prognostications, you could extract money from them. I call that extortion and blackmail.

In the history of the world thousands and probably millions of species of plants, animals, and insects have come and gone. That will doubtlessly continue as long as the earth exists. Neither you nor I know what species are supposed to survive and what species are supposed to become extinct. Neither you nor I have been let in on the “master plan.” What exactly is the temperature supposed to be? Sorry, it is part of the “master plan” so I don’t know. Are polar bears supposed to survive? Sorry again. Had it been up to me I would have kept some of the dinosaurs.

This is what I do know. All species in history have had the choice, adapt or die. Those which remain have adapted. Those that didn’t died.

The future will be what the future will be. I will continue to be a good steward of the environment. I will neither waste nor squander natural resources. I encourage you to do the same. Future generations will probably look back on us and laugh at our silliness. I hope the world we leave them will be as good as it has been for me. Either way, I was not in on the plan.

Ron Scarbro December 29, 2010

2 comments:

Beth said...

Excellent post!

Anonymous said...

In the 70's it was global cooling. If enough predictions are made, one of them may be correct.
Steve