Wednesday, September 25, 2019

SECURE AND UNSECURE MESSAGING


As I have mentioned before, I am an enrolled veteran with the VA for medical care. I have a doctor who has been assigned to my care. As is the case for most General Practitioners, he is a very busy man. He is virtually impossible to reach by phone. So, the VA in its wisdom installed a system that allows patients to communicate with their doc that doesn’t include the phone. It is called the “secure messaging service.”  When I need to communicate with my doc, I just send him a brief note over the system and he has forty-eight hours to respond. For the most part it is an effective system of communication. 

I did have an occasion to question the security of the system however. I sent my doc a note which was a private correspondence. Lo and behold, I got an answer from someone I had never heard of. When I was able to question him about the experience, he informed me that I had a team of people responsible for my care and they all had access to my private correspondence. To this day I don’t know who they are or what their qualifications are in dealing with me or any question or issue I may have. So much for “secure messaging.” I probably would be better off just publishing my messages in the newspaper. 

So, Ron, why did you bring this matter up anyway? Well I am going to tell you why. Recently our President was on the phone with another world leader discussing whatever world leaders discuss. Now, wouldn’t you think that if there was a secure phone in the world, it would be the President’s? Apparently it isn’t secure. Maybe his system is similar to the VA’s secure messaging system. It seems the so-called “intelligence community” has access to these private phone calls. That’s not bad enough, they also sometimes feel it necessary to leak the contents of these calls along with their opinion of the legality and value of the communication. 

Now, we are talking about the President of the United States and his occasional need to negotiate with other world leaders over the phone. That, by the way, is his job. That is his mandate according to the Constitution. Nothing about any of that communication is available to the public unless the President says it is public. 

What we have here is a case of spying on the leader of the free world by some civil service bureaucrat. And, worse than that, that same bureaucrat leaking the contents of top secret communication to anybody he chooses.

He says he is a “whistleblower.” No, he’s a spy and he is spying on our President. He apparently isn’t the only one spying on this President. This particular spy has been reported as a holdover from the Obama Administration. That would make him an obvious partisan whose intent has nothing to do with what is good for the country. 

First of all, why is there a holdover working in this White House? They all should have been put out with the rest of the Obama crowd. Secondly, instead of protecting this clown as a whistleblower, we should immediately prosecute him for domestic spying. There is no place in this country for this kind of nonsense. 

Get used to it, liberals. Trump won and you lost. Deal with it. If you think it’s tough now, imagine how you are going to feel when he sweeps the country in 2020 and takes Congress with him. 

Oh, and by the way, when the real story of what the President was talking to the President of Ukraine concerning Joe Biden and his son Hunter gets out, there will be no place for Uncle Joe to hide.

Ron Scarbro

No comments: