Wednesday, June 15, 2022

HOLDING OUT HOPE


It was just announced that inflation continues at 8.6%. It is all too obvious to thinking people what that means. The price of everything will continue to be out of sight. Gasoline and diesel lead the way for most all of the increases, but nothing is exempt. Basic needs are becoming unaffordable for many people, especially those on the lower end of the economic scale.

 

Some of you may remember a column I wrote just after Biden canceled the Keystone Pipeline and halted drilling on public lands. I said then and I repeat today, that was the beginning of the destruction of the economy of this country. In less than two years in office he has succeeded in bringing America to her knees. I have heard it reported that the increase in the cost of fossil fuels is a part of their plan. It seems they want everybody in an electric vehicle. First of all, electric cars are very expensive. Secondly, there are very few places where you can recharge your car. Last week I was at Sam's getting a gasoline fill up for my car. There were about 25 fuel pumping stations and they were all being used. Average time for a fill up is about 10 minutes. I don't think they have an electric recharging station. Walmart does have 2 such stations and it takes an average of about 30 minutes to recharge one car. In that same time maybe 50 cars can refill with gasoline and be on their way. The biggest problem with liberals is they can't connect the dots.  Unless the fuel sellers make some major changes, no one will buy an electric car.  

 

Speaking of inflation, here's another thought. Like many of you I receive Social Security benefits. This year we were granted a very nice increase in our checks. I think the increase was 8.3%. Sadly, at the same time Medicare costs increased. Then, within the first two months of the year, my new benefit was gone due to price increases. Now, a few months later, my cost of living has gotten out of control. My cost of fuel has doubled. My grocery bill has increased, not by 8% but closer to 25%. In fact, virtually everything we buy has increased. And, we are told, there is no end in sight.

 

I have been listening to Biden blaming everything under the sun for inflation except for the real reasons. Maybe he truly doesn't know. Maybe he's just another politician in office because of a liberal media and under continued protection by that same media. Or maybe he's just stupid. His poll numbers are in the toilet to be sure, but the question I have is who are the 25% who think he's doing a good job? Are they happy to pay $5.00 for a gallon of gasoline? And many are paying much more. Are they glad to pay 25% more for groceries? We are told that these prices will get much worse before they get any lower. Is this what they want?

 

I am holding out hope for November. We will have another election and I truly believe Republicans will make huge gains probably taking over the Senate and the House. If that happens, America has a chance of surviving. If the Democrats hold on to their majorities, I predict doom for this country. In the meantime, watch your pennies. Be careful with your spending. I'm watching the Stock Market sink like a lead balloon. It will soon be lower than when Biden took office. Now that takes talent. Hang in there. It is going to get better, I promise.

 

Ron Scarbro June 14, 2022

 

 

No comments: