Wednesday, June 12, 2013

IT JUST ISN'T FUNNY

Ron, you haven’t written anything funny for a while. All you are writing is serious stuff. Well, the reason I haven’t written any funny stuff lately is because there hasn’t been a lot of funny happening. Today though I did find something which I think is hilarious.  

Here’s what is funny. Obama, Holder, Hillary, the IRS, the Justice Dept, and all the others involved with the overt destruction of our values and our Constitution, think we are going to just look the other way and allow it to continue. They really think they are going to get away with it all. Now that is funny.

We the people have been patient. We have sat still and watched as this unqualified junior level politician in the White House has done his thing. Well that has ended. I think the listening in on our private conversations is the straw that breaks the back of this administration.

Holder will probably be the first to go. Remember John Mitchell? After Holder, the politicians in Washington as well as the liberal press will finally find their manhood and retrieve their heads from their previous dark places and start getting serious about all of this. Hillary’s dreams are finished. She had better really learn how to bake cookies. Her future is as Bill’s faithful little housewife standing by her man. I’m pretty sure that isn’t what she had in mind.

Then, like dominos, the rest will fall. We have an  election in 2014 and that is going to be the real test of the resolve of the American people. That election is the beginning of the taking back of this country by the American people.

Now I want to say a word or two about the mining of private conversations by the government. I, like many of you, am a Verizon customer. I also post a blog on the “Worldwide Web.” When I am on my cell phone, I have no expectation of privacy. Anybody could capture my conversations. When I post a column to the blog, I have no expectation of privacy. After all, it is there for all the world to read. I am even aware that my columns are read by someone in Washington because I have a service that informs me of my readership. I am okay with that. I hope they learn something. Where I grow concerned is that the government, who has proven to be totally and completely untrustworthy, is not only mining conversations, but they are also retaining and storing that information. All of this is without warrant and in violation of the fourth amendment to the Constitution. The government is breaking the law, period. And there is no other way of explaining it.

Of course this latest revelation is only the latest in a long list of legal and moral violations committed by this administration. Ours is a government of, by, and for the people. We are not subjects. We elect representatives, not leaders. Our representatives are our employees and they should be treated as such. We have three branches of government and their job is to watch each other. The Congress is in charge of the purse strings. We have a clear cut book of rules and if these political clowns in Washington think for one moment that we are going to continue to look the other way, they are sadly mistaken. We are coming and we are going to take it all back.

Ben Franklin warned that those who would give up liberty for security deserve or get neither. We have ways of dealing with terrorism without violating the rights of our citizens. We need to get over political correctness and target the bad guys and it is not difficult to know who they are.

Ron Scarbro June 12, 2013

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know that you can count on your fellow Americans to change anything. Our local news station reported on a recent pole in which 45%of those polled didn't think it was wrong and thought the government was doing a great job. The values of the American people have changed. Political correctness is the same as that song fron the 60's by the Mama and Papas called ''The In Crowd'' Do you remember the words, that is what our society reminds me of.
Deena

SteveGanshert said...

It is my opinion that the current strategy is to string the scandals out until the 2014 election is completed.
With an inept or political (or both) AG there is little chance that investigations will be completed or culprits punished.