Wednesday, October 8, 2014

HMMM, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

If anyone had told me this story just a few years ago, I would have laughed in their face. But sadly the story is true. I cannot make this nonsense up.
In Kentucky an Atherton High School student who was born an anatomically correct male, now wishes to “express” himself as a girl. He claims to be transgendered. He has demanded that the school allow him to use the girls’ restrooms and locker rooms. He also intends to shower with the girls. The school board, in their zeal to be all inclusive, unbiased, and celebrate diversity, has agreed to the student’s demands. Now let’s see, a sixteen year old boy showering with a bunch of sixteen year old girls. Hmmm, what could possibly go wrong?
Some time ago I wrote that California had passed a law allowing for the same type of treatment. Youngsters who are either homosexual, have a leaning toward homosexuality, or who just wish to express themselves as the opposite sex must have access to whatever facilities in which they feel most comfortable. Certainly showering together has to be a part of the experience. It’s a matter of “gender identity.”
Can you just see it now? Young teenagers, armed with raging hormones, getting together after gym for a quick little shower. Nothing could go wrong. After all, these kids have decided to “express” themselves as members of an opposite sex. They would have no interest in the naked bodies of anyone, right? Certainly not the opposite sex.
Are the people making these decisions nuts? Remember they are supposed to be legislators, school officials, and people who are highly educated. I think these people are just crazy.
This may come as a shock to some, but humans are members of the animal kingdom. While it is true some of us have developed bigger brains to reason out problems, sadly not all of us have advanced. And as animals we have certain instincts and proclivities. It would appear that these so-called enlightened individuals who think they know what is best for us are among those whose brains have not quite advanced.
Nothing good can come from young teenagers of different sexes showering together, period.
Those of you who know me know that I am not a psychiatrist. I don’t have a string of initials after my name. I don’t claim to understand the human brain or why some individuals seem to choose to be a different gender than their birth gender. Some of it may even be legitimate. I understand there are homosexuals in the world. Not everybody fits the same mold.
But I also know this. There is chicanery in this world. There are hijinks. There are people, especially young teenage boys, who just might take advantage of stupid laws and rules to subsequently take advantage of young girls. I don’t think that is a stretch of my imagination, do you?
Finally there is no way I would ever let my child, male or female, be involved in any organization, school, or anything which allowed for this type of behavior. I would also work diligently to fire any person in authority who advocated such nonsense.
All across this country it seems morons are getting themselves into positions of authority and sensible people are just sitting still for it. Would you allow your sixteen year old child to go to a school that allowed and encouraged mutual showers? Well neither would I. Be careful who you put into positions of power and constantly hold their feet to the fire. The kid you save may be your own.
Ron Scarbro

No comments: