Wednesday, July 18, 2018

SILLY NAIVE ME

Are you as disgusted with all the nonsense as I am? We have had this clown, Peter Strzok in front of a Congressional committee supposedly answering questions about how he and his cohorts were going to interfere with the will of the American people by somehow stopping the election of Donald Trump. He succeeded in only one way. He proved beyond any doubt that he is an idiot and incapable of anything positive and belongs in prison. The Democrats on that committee showed their true colors by giving this traitor a standing ovation. One even suggested that he be given the high military honor of the Purple Heart. Are you kidding me? Strzok and John Carey could then go around and present themselves as military heroes. This all makes me sick to my stomach. Neither of them could shine the boots of any military person, let alone an actual hero.

My next question is simple. Where are Sessions and Rosenstein? Weren’t they appointed by Trump? Aren’t they supposed to enforce the law? Let’s face it. Hillary Clinton, were she anybody else, would long ago have been put in prison for her crimes. The law enforcement bodies which we, by our votes, have hired have the goods on her. What are we waiting for?

I understand the wheels of government move slowly, but this is getting ridiculous. Because of our unwillingness to act on Hillary’s criminal activity, she actually thinks she has a shot at becoming the next President. On the face of it it looks like a poorly written comedy series for television, but its real. Real and very dangerous.

Silly, naive me. I thought that if we elected a Republican President, and gave him a Republican majority in the Congress, we could get this country back on track. Granted, the economy is moving along well. Granted we also are getting trade issues dealt with. We are even sitting down with some very bad leaders who doubtlessly understand that they have no other choice but to deal with us, but there is so much more that needs to be done.

The national media should be ashamed for the way they are impeding the work of our President. Their “fake” news and their disrespect show more about them than it ever shows about the subject of their vitriol. Most of them have lost all credibility and may never get it back. Speaking of my naivety, I remember when we had a political party in power, and the out of power party served as the loyal opposition. Those days seem to be gone forever. I’m an old man, but I have children and grandchildren and I don’t want them to inherit this mess.

I write letters to my Congressman and have even sent him some of these columns, but I doubt he ever reads any of them. In his letters to me he seems to be serving in some ceremonial role rather than actually getting anything done. I read about his meetings and see pictures he sends of all the important people he sees, but I don’t really care about all that. I want to see our Congress get after the work of the American people. I want “contempt of Congress” to mean something. I can’t be alone in my thinking.

With all that’s going on there is good news to consider. Just imagine if you will, where we would all be if Hillary Clinton were naming Supreme Court Justices. President Trump, by the single act of naming Justices who know and respect the Constitution, will do more to save our Republic than all the other acts he will perform. It is obvious, America is still under Divine protection and as long as we are, we’ll be fine.

Ron Scarbro

No comments: