Wednesday, July 10, 2019

WHAT IS AMERICA TODAY?


What is America today? For most of my life I have seen this country as a bright city on a hill. Are we still that bright city? I am actually embarrassed by the way some Americans are now.

Consider the Congress. It is one thing to have political differences but it is entirely another to be so disrespectful and hateful. Attention Rep. Ocasio-Cortez. Do this country a favor. Just shut up. Every time you open your mouth you show the world how really ignorant you are. How about opening a history book and learn what concentration camps really were. You obviously don’t have a clue.

How about the national media? What they call news now isn’t news at all. It is instead agenda driven biased opinion. They have lost any credibility they ever had and are now a laughing stock. Attention media. I don’t care what you think. I don’t care what you think I should think. Just report facts and I’ll decide what I think about it without your help.

Next you have an entire industry willing to allow their hatred to destroy their once successful enterprise. I’m talking about the so-called entertainment industry.  I and many others like me wouldn’t pay a dime for a ticket to anything they have a part in. They have decided to alienate over half of the American public and show us who they really are. DeNiro, I wouldn’t waste a penny supporting anything you had a part in. You have every right to your opinion regardless of how vile it may be, but your public spoutings of obscenities are another thing. It must make your mother very proud. Shame on you. 

Watching television is becoming more and more difficult. There is no way I would ever watch any of the main channels for news. News doesn’t exist anymore. One can’t even watch the National Geographic channel without being fed a continuous load of propaganda about “global warming.” 

Commercials have always been tiresome, but lately they are getting worse. The advertisement producers might think they are showing inclusion with their choice of actors and situations, but in fact they are actually creating exclusion. They are excluding me and those who think like me. I don’t have to like it and I certainly don’t have to buy their products or watch their shows.

I see myself as a traditional American. I believe in the America of my youth. Granted some of the things that happened in the past were bad, but most were good. Boys played on boy’s teams and girls played on girl’s teams. There was never any confusion over which bathroom to use. When people broke the law, they were usually punished. Drugs were illegal, no nuance. Today when an individual is arrested for some heinous crime, it is not unusual to find they have a long, long record of crimes and convictions. Instead of committing new crimes they should have still been in prison for their previous crimes. Imagine how much the crime rate would be reduced if criminals were required to actually serve serious time for serious crime. 

Finally Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer has called for the termination of the head of the Border Patrol because of the mess at the border. Excuse me. You mean the mess that you caused? You mean the mess that AOC refused to vote money to fix? You have to be totally tone deaf. You caused this problem and you refuse to try in any way to fix it. You all are an embarrassment to the entire country and it is my fervent hope that you are repaid for your stupidity and sent packing next November. Maybe you and your liberal allies can find work cleaning up the streets of San Francisco and Los Angeles. Another mess you caused.

Will America ever return to be the “city on the hill?”  For the sake of my children and grandchildren, I hope so. It is going to be up to us, all of us.

Ron Scarbro

No comments: