Wednesday, November 9, 2016

THE FUTURE JUST GOT A GREAT DEAL BRIGHTER

It is my great pleasure to write this column today. When I went to bed last night, I didn’t know what to expect. No, I didn’t stay up for the results although I did get up at 3:30 this morning to check it out. To say I am relieved is an understatement. America did herself proud and rejected the most corrupt person ever to try to win the Presidency.

Do you remember back when the news was all about O. J. Simpson? The media just couldn’t seem to get enough of O. J. Well, his criminality finally caught up with him and he is now in prison for what should be the rest of his life. When he was deposited into his cage, I told myself that I never wanted to hear the name of O. J. Simpson again. I now feel the same way about Hillary Clinton. Whether she spends her remaining days in a cage is yet to be determined, but it is my hope that I never hear her name spoken again. In my mind she is a conniving, self-centered, opportunist criminal who should in fact be in prison. With the Republicans now in total command, justice should prevail and James Comey can do his job without interference.

I’m also reminded today of all the Hollywood elitists who have promised to move out of this country with Trump in the White House. Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. All you need is to find another country who will put up with your whiny nonsense. Sadly, this promise has been made before and they all seem to forget it when faced with reality. Personally I wouldn’t miss a single one of them. They are all ungrateful slobs with questionable talent who would have great difficulty feeding themselves left to their own devices.

So now the real excitement begins. I am looking forward to the new Cabinet. I would love to see Rudy Giuliani as Attorney General. Or maybe Chris Christie. Newt Gingrich as Secretary of State. Ben Carson as Health Education and Welfare. How about Mike Huckabee as Chief of Staff? There is just so much untapped talent available to Trump and I believe he will choose wisely.

He has a Republican Senate and House. The people have spoken. There will be no excuses. Here’s what we want.  Get rid of all the illegal Presidential edicts Obama loved to issue because he couldn’t get the Congress to go along with him. Require the Border Patrol to enforce the law. No more catch and release. Require employers to e-verify all Social Security numbers before anyone is hired. Support the police and the military. Fix the VA. No more excuses. It is a mess. Just fix it. Get rid of Obamacare and replace it with an intelligent program that uses the best of this country instead of trying to turn our healthcare into a public utility.

Re-negotiate all these Mickey Mouse treaties that have been forced down the throats of the American people. In all cases America first.

Nominate Justices for the courts who can both read and understand the Constitution of the United States and who have respect for what our Founders had in mind.

Take a good hard look at all the duplicity in our government and “drain the swamp.”

Trump promised to make America great again. I, for one, plan to hold him to that promise. I expect him to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. To me, that is job one. For me and for all Americans the future just got a great deal brighter.

Ron Scarbro

No comments: