Wednesday, March 8, 2017

DISRESPECT AT A NEW LOW

Like most of you I watched President Trump’s address to the joint session of Congress. I witnessed the overwhelming adoration shown to Carryn Owens, widow of slain Navy Seal Ryan Owens. I was moved by the applause and the respect afforded to her and her fallen husband. It was what I would expect for our heroes and their families. Apparently not everyone though felt the need to honor the Owens. I wondered as I watched the Democrats sitting on their hands, how could these people, or for that matter anyone, not be affected positively by this show of respect.

I guess I have just misjudged the new Democrats and their regard for what being an American is all about. Right after the speech the left began offering their pitiful opinions. First, we heard from a Clinton operative named Dan Grilo. He thought Mrs. Owens looked like an idiot standing up and clapping for her dead husband. Then we saw that bastion of virtue, Michael Moore, make fun of this dead hero and his widow. This, apparently is the new face of the Democrat Party.

And so, I ask you Democrats, are you proud today of your new spokespeople? Do they reflect your views? Are you happy to see this young widow defamed and made fun of all in your name?

Here is a fact. Michael Moore couldn’t shine the boots of a Navy Seal like Ryan Owens or anyone in the military for that matter. Moore and his ilk are the most disgusting examples of smug self-righteous morons inhabiting our planet today. I remember as a child, I used to have to feed the hogs at my home farm. We called it “slopping the hogs.” What always amazed me was that no matter what was in the bucket of feed, or “slop” as we called it, it always smelled the same. As I look at Moore, a human bucket of slop, I am reminded that no matter what the issue, there is no level to which this bunch will not stoop to show their ignorance and their disrespect for our country and her values. They all inhabit the same bucket and it always smells the same.

To my Democrat friends and any who would read this column, do you share the views of the Michael Moores and the Dan Grilos? Going forward are these the people who will speak for you and your values? Chuck Schumer, Al Franken, Nancy Pelosi, and other assorted misfits, are these your champions? When this great country faces the tough issues of security, economy, health care, etc., are these the people you want to be in charge of coming up with solutions? If so, you  have some serious problems.

I do not believe Harry Truman would be a Democrat today. I don’t even think Kennedy would be either. They were warriors and true patriots. Even though they served this nation from “the other side,” they always put our country first. I cannot say that of today’s Democrats.

This I promise you. America will not be fooled. Just as this past election proved, America will regain her identity. America will return to her traditional values. America will be great again. These disrespectful lowlifes will be cast into the dungheap of bad history. America did not become the country it is today with people like that running things.

We are fortunate that Donald Trump decided to give up his cushy life as a billionaire real estate developer to take on the mantle of leader of the free world. His intelligence and natural leadership will take us to the next level of greatness and it will be with or without the help of the Democrats.

Ron Scarbro

No comments: