Wednesday, June 16, 2021

SOME THINGS THAT UPSET ME

There are a lot of things that upset me. I try to keep them to a minimum for the sake of my blood pressure, but sometimes they just get to be too much. In this column I intend to air some of my grievances to see if you too are irritated by some of the same stuff. 

 

The national so-called "mainstream media" leads the way as one of my pet peeves.  They are without doubt a propaganda arm of the Democrat party. They are not fair and they are not balanced. What really upsets me is that the non-Democrats don't have any national media that offers their side of issues. There are parts of this country that never hear the conservative side of the news. They only get the liberal left version of everything. It's hard to believe but, there are still some people who think the New York Times is a truth-telling reporter of news. 

 

This is strange. I just saw on the news today a school board member from Fairfax County, Virginia giving a commencement address to a graduating class. She is the only Muslim member of that board and she was dressed in the full costume of that faith. The problem was not in her dress or even that she was a Muslim. The problem was what she had to say. She encouraged the students to reject capitalism and to remember jihad. Does she understand where she is? She wants the graduating class to go to war against their own country. If she is so unhappy living in this free country, perhaps she should take the next flight out to one of those Muslim dominated countries where women are considered as property. She might come to her senses then. It might also be helpful for her to understand that advocating for the overthrow of our government is a crime punishable by serious time in a Federal prison. 

 

How about this one? Critical race theory. This is the latest attempt on the part of the far left to further divide America along racial lines. The theory is that all white people are oppressors and all black people are oppressed. In the minds of the advocates of this theory a young black person has no chance for success because the white oppressor will deny him opportunity. So, why even try. Sounds a little stupid to me. Also, it doesn't speak very highly of any black person's initiative. Surely then the many successful black people that I know of must be an aberration.

 

Do you remember the "DO NOT CALL LIST"? I don't know about you, but I reported many, many calls to that number. It did nothing to stop the robocalls. I wrote a letter to my Congressman and he assured me that he had introduced another bill which would surely take care of the problem. Well guess what. It didn't. I get more calls now than ever. It brings to mind a simple question. Can my Congressman do nothing about this, or is it just that nobody really cares?

 

The pronoun war is going strong. Bruce Jenner wants to be referred to as a female. Sorry, Bruce. Surgery and hormone injections don't change the fact that you are a male. If I cover you in any writing, I will use any pronoun I choose. 

 

Our own government is having fits trying to keep up with all the "woke" people and their demands. Have you heard this one? You can't use the term mom or mother. You must refer to them as "birthing people". Apparently non-parents might be offended by the term "mom".

 

I haven't even begun to discuss transexual boys wanting to play on girls’ sports teams. Of course, that would include sharing the bathrooms and the showers. What could possibly go wrong? 

 

As you can see, a lot of stuff ticks me off, but I'll deal with it. I just feel so bad for the future of this country unless we change course and get back to traditional America. What do you think? 

 

Ron Scarbro June 15, 2021

 

No comments: