Wednesday, October 6, 2021

AMERICANS DON'T HANDLE MANDATES VERY WELL

What does freedom look like? When a government agency issues "mandates" requiring obedience by free citizens, does that look like freedom to you? Is a mandate to wear a face mask legitimate?  Can you do that to a free people? Is a mandate to get a vaccination an act of free choice? What about when that mandate includes a fine for non-compliance? 

 

Our government has issued just such a requirement of employers over a certain size. Otherwise the employee has to be terminated. 

 

For the record I want to say that I am fully vaccinated. I consulted my doctor, who himself had just gotten his shots, before I made the decision to get the shots. Now, mind you, I consulted my doctor, not my Congressman, not my Senator, and certainly not my President. I paid very little attention to political organizations like the WHO or the CDC. No, I decided that my medical advice should come from a medical professional, not a politician. I further plan to continue to get my medical counsel from the medical profession, not a bunch of power-hungry would-be dictators. I recommend the same for you.

 

Reacting obediently to mandates from dictators is not something we Americans do well. In fact, you don't have to study a lot of history to see how we have handled it in the past. Consider the verbiage in the Declaration of Independence. We decided that the best choice for us was to just say no. This reminder to would-be dictators today; the same blood that ran through those early patriots still flows in today's. We have humored you for a while, but time is running out. If you think mandates are good government, you had best find a country where freedom doesn't and hasn't reigned.

 

Again for the record, I definitely recommend getting the shot. Neither my wife nor I had any ill effects. And no, I do not wear a mask when I leave my house and only would where it was absolutely required like at the hospital. I see people wearing them driving their car. Whatever. In the majority of those cases you will see a Biden bumper sticker on that car. If somebody wants to wear a mask, that is and should be their choice. 

 

We have covered at length how Covid 19 has become the crisis the liberals have wanted so long. To cause a disease to become a political weapon is a sickness too. And, whether they like it or not, the disease is coming to an end which also ends their manufactured crisis. 

 

Between vaccinations and natural immunity, this virus will soon have no place to land. Then the liberals will have to find something else. Some things are certain. We will have an election next year. People like Schumer, Pelosi, and their ilk may well have to find new jobs. Voters will have their say and it's not looking very good for the Democrats.

 

For the sake of this country, we must never again allow tin horn politicians to issue edicts, mandates, or any other illegal orders. We are not an empire and we have no emperors. Laws are enacted by the people's representatives in the Congress, not by any other means. Unelected bureaucrats are not lawmakers. We don't handle mandates very well.

 

Ron Scarbro October 4, 2021

 

No comments: