Wednesday, November 25, 2015

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I love this time of the year. When I was much younger, autumn was a time to go hunting. At that time in my life hunting was a favorite sport. As a very young child living in Tennessee Thanksgiving Day was the beginning of rabbit season. We would get our shotguns and our dogs and go rabbit hunting. Afterwards we would show up at my Grandmother’s house for a Thanksgiving feast that to this day is still one of my favorite memories. Now I am the grandpa and my children and grandchildren show up at my house for our feast. My hope is as they grow older they will have memories like I have.

And so I am thankful today for this time of year. I love the holidays. I have tried to think of a way to tell you what I am most thankful for, but there is just so much. I think mostly I am thankful for good health. I am thankful for my family. My wife Linda and I will celebrate our 53rd anniversary in early December. I am thankful for my children and grandchildren. I am excited to see them grow and prosper. My wife and I can be sure they will have happy, successful lives.

I am thankful for my friends and the readers of this weekly blog. I get great comfort from being able to spout off on anything I want to. I am so very thankful I live in a country where I can spout off. We should never take this freedom for granted.

As soon as Thanksgiving is done, we will begin to prepare for Christmas. I love the music, the spirit of people, the smells and the sounds of Christmas.

Today I wish for you the happiness of this season. I wish for you the peace that attends this time. May your memories be sweet and may you create sweet memories for the ones who follow you.

Happy Thanksgiving and may God bless us all,

Ron

No comments: