Thursday, September 15, 2016

POOR POOR DEPLORABLE ME

A few years back I was proud to be a part of what Hillary called the “vast right wing conspiracy.” Hillary came up with that bit of nonsense when reports emerged that her husband, Bill, was a sexual predator and a serial molester of women. She thought that coming up with this vast right wing BS it would take the attention away from Bill’s criminal activity. Of course there was no conspiracy. It was just another Hillary lie to cover up wrongdoing. It didn’t work. The accusations of rape and all manner of illicit activities with young women continued, and it turns out that the reports were true. He was and is a serial molester of women as well as being a liar and Hillary was and is nothing more than a power hungry enabler.

Today we are faced with yet another insulting accusation from Hillary. She says that Trump supporters are a “basketful of deplorables.” According to her, you and I are in that basket.

For the record I would like to examine her comments. I will use myself as an example of her description of deplorable. I am a law abiding, tax paying, veteran of the military who has never been arrested, and has raised his children to be good citizens who also have an exemplary record as citizens. I worked my entire life and have since retired to live out my days in peace and love for my family and my fellow man.

I believe in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights as written and that they are not “living documents” that can be changed depending on the whims of politicians. I believe in self reliance and self responsibility. I respect our flag and our National Anthem. I believe we should have enforceable borders. I believe we should have the strongest possible military and that they should be equipped with the absolute latest and best armaments and gear. I respect local police departments and law. I even obey speed limits. I am grateful to have been born an American citizen and welcome immigrants into this country when they come in legally. I also believe english is our national language and that we should never be expected to alter our language to accommodate foreigners. If they want to live here, they should assimilate in our culture and learn our language as well as our laws.

I have said before I am a “traditional American.” I don’t apologize to anyone for the way I think or feel.

A part of my belief system is that I also believe you have the right to disagree. You have the right to worship as you choose. You have the right as an American to live the life you choose. But you do not have the right to make up your own laws or to live here but follow some other country’s law.

I guess, according to Hillary, that makes me deplorable. It seems clear to me that she doesn’t understand what it means to be an American. Apparently if you share my beliefs, you also would qualify as deplorable to Hillary. To have Hillary think that of me is a badge of honor.

This should not come as a great shock to you but I find Hillary deplorable. I find her disgusting. She is a consummate liar who could never be trusted. She is an embarrassment to every citizen in America. Her supporters should be offended by her stupidity, but sadly they are not. It seems birds of a feather flock together.

If America elects her as President, we deserve the calamity that will ensue. As Jeff Foxworthy has said, “We are a country founded by geniuses, but run by idiots.” God help us.

Ron Scarbro

No comments: