Wednesday, May 22, 2019

SHAME ON THE DEMOCRATS IN CONGRESS


We the people have hired a Congress to do the business of government. What we have though is a bunch of self-centered political hacks who are far more interested in destroying Donald Trump than fixing anything. Most of these people are individuals I wouldn’t even allow in my house, let alone in the Congress of the United States.

When the voters of this country elected a majority of Democrats to the House, they opened up the floodgates to an unending series of investigations, subpoenas, and harassment of the President and his cabinet. They don’t care that we are being invaded on our southern border by individuals from all over the world. They pay lip service to issues but never do anything but resist the President. God help any Democrat who may, at some point, get elected President.  

Do you think the Democrats actually believe any of their nonsense is true or are they just looking for ways to gain an advantage in 2020? Let’s face it. The Dems are in trouble. Trump has proven the Republican conservative policies of governing work. He has shown clearly that Obama’s eight years were a dismal failure. President Trump has spent the last two-plus years trying to undo the mess that Obama left us with, and he isn’t finished. He has done all this while under continuous, relentless, attack from the Democrats and their allies in Hollywood and in the mainstream media. Imagine what he could have accomplished in these last two years had he been allowed to just serve as he was elected to do. Note to the Democrats, today Trump’s approval ratings are the highest in his Presidency. Higher, incidentally than Obama’s. So, to put it bluntly, your crap isn’t working.

The Democrats want to impeach the Attorney General. Why? Because he won’t break the law for them. They want to impeach the President. Why? Because he beat their anointed darling, Hillary Clinton. They want to grill Mueller about his investigation. Why? Because he didn’t find what they wanted him to find. The fact that it didn’t exist is unimportant. Even if these radical Democrats manage to impeach this President, the Republican Senate will never convict him. The Democrats will come away looking silly. Oh, and by the way, the Trump Administration just got their 100th judge confirmed. More bad news for the Democrats because these judges can actually read and understand our Constitution.

If I were a pro golfer, which I am decidedly not, I would be what used to be called a “super senior.” In English that means I’m an old man. What’s happening in this country won’t affect me that much. But it will most seriously affect my children and grandchildren. And that concerns me. I want for them what was available to me.

As a young man I had the world in front of me. I was able to achieve all that my limited talent and ability would afford me. I had the freedom to try. I could succeed or fail, but it was all on me. I was lucky enough to find a helpmate who shared my dreams and worked for our success. We lived and continue to live the “American Dream.” I want the same for my children and grandchildren.

America doesn’t need to be “fundamentally” changed. It needs instead to return to the values that were with us from the beginning. Our Constitution doesn’t need to be rewritten, it just needs to be reread.

I am so looking forward to the IG, Michael Horowitz’s report. He has been investigating the investigators. He has been looking into what started all this collusion delusion. I hope and believe there will be indictments and jail time for many from Obama’s Administration. When that report is released the narrative will dramatically change. A whole bunch of people are looking over their shoulders, and they should be.

Members of Congress should be paying attention too. Many, or most of them, will be in the crosshairs in 2020.

Ron Scarbro

No comments: